Sunday, October 7, 2007

Tears

It's been awhile since I have posted anything here. I would like to do it more regularily, especially since I feel like I have more of an understanding about some things. The Lord has done some amazing things. I realize that Thin Within hasn't "worked" for me in the past because I wasn't really including the Lord. I wasn't doing it for Him, I was doing it for me. In the past few days I have been sitting at the diningroom table (instead of in front of the tv, computer, or having anything distract me) praying over my food and asking Him to join me during my meal and to help me to know when I am satisfied. I know that might sound elementary, but it's better than diving in and thinking, "It's all about me!"

Did you not know that your body is the temple (the very sanctuary) of the Holy Spirit Who lives within you, Whom you have received [as a Gift] from God? You are not your own. You were bought with a price [purchased with a preciousness and paid for, made His own]. So then, honor God and bring glory to Him in your body.
1 Corinthians 6:19-20
I really like that scripture and this time when I read it "within" really stood out to me. Thin Within. The Holy Spirit is within us, wanting to make us whole again in Him. He wants to tear down any stronghold that is holding us back from getting closer to Him. He wants to shred and destroy every lie the enemy has told us. He wants to set us free!

I started again on Thin Within's Workbook #1. I'm on week 4, but it should be more like week 30-something. Ha!

Many tears have been cried today. Last night too. Last night I wanted to comfort myself with a bowl of cereal. I knew I didn't need to and just needed to curl up in the loving lap of my Father, but I ate the bowl of cereal anyway. I have repented and will continue on in His grace. There's a lot of emotions flaring up today, but no desire to eat my emotions away. Only God can take care of those.

I just need His Word today, especially today. It's a good day to cuddle up with the Lord and to read about His blessings and promises.

No comments: